Please send all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wraparound Plus Programme Developer and FacilitatorWork Location: Head Office, Islington and North/North East London CRC Offices
Contract: 12 month FTC
Hours per week: 9-5 pm
Shift pattern: 37.5
Wraparound Plus Programme Developer and Facilitator
Department: Penrose Criminal Justice Services
Work Location: Head Office, Islington and North/North East London CRC Offices
Salary: £30,000 pa
Contract: 12-month Fixed Term Contract
Hours per week: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Shift pattern: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate programme developer and facilitator to join our Criminal Justice team and work with us to design and pilot an innovative group-work programme supporting men to fulfil their potential and break the cycle of reoffending.
Adopting a strength-based approach rooted in desistance theory, and deploying techniques to suit a range of learning styles, you will co-design and deliver a programme that will support men on probation supervision to address issues around emotional management, understand their own choice and control, gain confidence and self-awareness, and live happier, healthier lives, free of crime. Delivering excellent outcomes, you will utilise, enhance and further develop our workshop programme in order to promote recovery and desistance from offending. .
Working in partnership with the London Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) and MTCNovo, our service supports adult males leaving prison, to resettle into the community and to break the cycle of reoffending. We provide guidance and support with a wide range of issues, from accommodation, to training, to financial advice, signposting our clients to relevant services in their area, as well as supporting them with any referral processes. We engage with agencies both within the CRC and across London, tailoring a package of support to best meet individual client need.
The role will be based predominantly in designated London CRC offices located in North and North East London Boroughs, where you will be the representing Penrose Criminal Justice Services. You will also be expected to attend full Penrose CJS Community Team meetings on a six-weekly basis.
The Wraparound Plus Lead will also receive a holistic training package as part of their induction and Penrose is committed to continual professional development through additional training, supervisions and appraisals.
The role will work alongside Responsible Officers and Probation Officers located within London CRC offices across London.
• Organise and facilitate groups
• Enhance and further develop our programme and workshops
• Communicate with potential referrers and participants pre-group to give programme information and support.
• Receive, document, assess and co-ordinate all referrals for groups
• Update or arrange group materials/supplies; organise group refreshments etc
• Provide/organise support between sessions for participants where required
• Receive, document, process and co-ordinate all evaluations/facilitators notes from groups
• Consult/gather service provider evaluation
• Consult with participants, referrers and manager to monitor service delivery
• Support volunteer facilitators (peer inspiration and learning) during lifetime of contract
• Organise regular meetings/forums for current, past and potential participants, continuing peer support and to monitor longer term outcomes
• Support training of volunteers and Responsible Officers
• Deliver awareness raising of the Wraparound Workshop at Team meetings across London CRC.
Strong experience of developing and facilitating group work programmes, preferably in criminal justice settings, will be vital to this role. Excellent communication skills and being able to develop strong working relationships will also be crucial. Some understanding of probation and/or community sentencing is preferable.
You will have a passion for working with people with experience of the criminal justice system and/or with other marginalised groups, and a belief that everyone can turn their life around regardless of past or present circumstances. You will have an ability to build rapport, motivate and inspire, and a keen eye for detail.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please contact Angela Henry, Head Of Services, Penrose Community CJS, for an informal discussion on 07891 690 550 or at email@example.com
To apply we require your CV along with Supporting Statement (no more than 2 sides of A4) detailing your knowledge and experience (this can be found on the attached Job Description) or completion of an application form. Please then send to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Why work with us?
• Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
• 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
• Pension, Eye-care Vouchers
• Growing and forward-thinking organisation
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide employment references covering 3 years period including one from your most recent employer.
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.
Closing date: 19.07.2019Closing date: 19/07/2019