Please send all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Support OfficerDepartment: Synergy, Luton
Work Location: Victoria House, Victoria Street, Luton
Hours per week: 37.5
Shift pattern: Mon - Fri
To enable clients of the Synergy Floating Support service to achieve the items defined in their support plans so that they achieve full independent living in the community. To support those individuals to address the issues that are preventing them from making a full and active contribution to society. To facilitate an exit strategy for the client by working proactively and positively with partner agencies to build a self-sustaining support network
The job holder will provide emotional and practical information, advice and support to address:
- housing needs and options
- benefits entitlements
- employment, training and education
- mental or physical issues and problems
- drug and alcohol issues
- build social, cultural, leisure and faith support networks
- avoiding harm to self and others
The post holder will ensure that Service users are encouraged to explore and maximise their skills and choices. They will also work to build self confidence, self esteem and self reliance.
- Continuously demonstrate respect, dignity and support of the client group
- Support Service Users to achieve items identified in their support plans
- Comply with any required standards or procedures as detailed in the Organisation’s ISO9001 QMS.
- Achievement of KPI targets and objectives
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be required to demonstrate strengths in all the indicators set out in the relevant competency requirements. More specifically, the post holder will:
- Support the team in delivering all aspects of support as appropriate to the individual needs of the Service User.
- Support Service Users who self refer to complete the self referral information form
- Undertaking tasks in the absence of the case holding Support Lead
- Support Service Users to meet their support plan targets, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills or the confidence to meet them. Help to ensure Service Users are engaged and involved with the services provided.
- Through coaching and support, build the client’s confidence to carry out tasks for themselves, focussing on the skills that support the individual’s ability to live independently.
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Pension, Eye-care Vouchers
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for you, please send a completed application form to email@example.com
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide employment references covering 5 years period including one from your most recent employer.
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.Closing date: 28/06/2019