Please send all completed applications to email@example.com
Service Lead – Focus ProjectDepartment: Penrose Options
Work Location: Camden
Hours per week: 37.5
Shift pattern: Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm
Focus is a mental health recovery service, providing residential resettlement support across Lambeth. It provides 26 units of supported housing for men recovering from and still living with forensic mental health illness. Many of our service users will previously have had lengthy stays in secure hospital wards, prison or have challenged other services to the extent that they have been moved on to us to ensure that we help them remain out of hospital or prison. We work with our service users to identify risk factors that lead to a deterioration in their mental health and relapse and support them in the development of their own recovery plan. We work collaboratively with their clinical team and other organisations within the borough to help reintegration into the community. The aim of the service is to provide a safe, secure place to live and to support each person to develop and learn new skills to enable them to move on to independent living.
- Effectively coach the staff team to deliver quality driven, person centred, recovery focused and asset based support
- Manage the residential services including housing management across the 6 sites
- Achieve excellence in adult social service and other regulatory standards.
- Creation and delivery of a Psychologically Informed Environment within Focus
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Residential Service Lead will be responsible for:
- Recruiting and retaining the best staff
- Coaching, developing and empowering teams and individuals
- Service delivery regarding support provided in the service that is person centred, recovery focused and asset based
- Building positive outcome based relationships with secure units, other health care settings, adult social care, agencies, stakeholders and commissioners
- Efficiently managing a budget and all operational performance standards required for the service
- Identifying risk, positively managing risk and crisis resolution and management to minimise reoffending behaviour and mental health crisis.
- Supporting the effective implementation of reflective practice, trauma informed care and Psychologically Informed Environments in mental health services
- Implementing mental health best practice and continual improvement in service delivery
- Taking a pro-active approach to ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff and service users including responsibility for the health and safety of the service
- Contributing to the service governance process
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Pension, Eyecare Vouchers
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you have a passion for Mental Health recovery and wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for youIf you would like to join our budding team then please apply TODAY by sending us your updated CV to Recruitment@socialinterestgroup.org.uk
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide 2 employment references including one from your most recent employer
Closing date: 06/05/19