Please send all completed applications to email@example.com
Complex Needs Recovery WorkerWork Location: Lambeth
Hours per week: 37.5
Penrose Options Focus Project is a 24 hour supported service for vulnerable male adults with a mental health diagnosis and forensic history, who require a high level of support and close monitoring to reduce the factors that may have led to their previous mental health deterioration and offending behaviour. The service is based in and around Clapham ,Lambeth Council.
We are looking for Support Workers to join our team who will successfully rehabilitate and reintegrate Service Users back into the community.To provide pathways, support and appropriate interventions that will enable successful resettlements. To work with external partners, agencies and commissioners to achieve the desired outcomes of the service providing safer more integrated communities for all stakeholders.
Duties will include the following:
- Responsible for interviewing potential service users to assess their suitability and identify potential risks.
- Liaise with referral agencies and ensuring that vacancies are filled within an appropriate time scales and in-line with Penrose’s Referral Policy and void targets are met.
- Ensure that service users are aware of their rights and responsibilities regarding welfare and benefits.
- Act as the Key worker and Link Worker to named service users as designated by your line-manager
- Plan and co-ordinate individual recovery and resettlement packages for the Service User liaising with the appropriate agencies and care professionals to ensure successful delivery of the plans.
- Constantly ensure there is genuine engagement with the Service users using appropriate methodologies and inventions to encourage and support their engagement and progress towards greater independence and community integration.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- NVQ/Diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Experience of working with ex-offenders with mental health issues
- Clear evidence and experience of successful reintegration of service users into the community
- Direct experience and understanding of providing key working and support or care planning
What we offer in return:
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Indian Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Life Assurance
If you are interested in this role please complete an application formClosing date: 31/03/2020