Please send all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication and Public Relationship ManagerDepartment: Social Interest Group
Work Location: Social Interest Group Head Office – Highbury & Islington
Hours per week: 37.5
Shift pattern: Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm
JOB TITLE: Communication and Communication and Public Relationship Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Development and Business Growth
DIRECT REPORTS: None currently
Being the Communications and Public Relationship Manger within the Social Interest Group is never boring as there is no such thing as a typical day. As the communication and public relations manager you will be working on proactive Communications and PR strategies for the Group, often in conjunction with the group Chief Executive and Director of Development and Business Growth.
Regularly analysing and reporting on what’s happening in the media is a key part of the job. You will cultivate relationships with influential print, digital and broadcast journalists or thought leaders within our sector. You will write or approve digital content for our organisation’s social media outlets, intra net, websites and regular posts, blogs or tweets. You will write or approve media releases and other press materials.
You will brief spokespeople within our organisation on communicating when public speaking, holding staff conferences and with the media. You will, be the first point of contact for media inquiries. You will directly handle the PR response to ‘crisis’ situations.
You may organise promotional events such as press conferences or open days and supervise film or multi-media productions about our organisation.
- Signing documents in conformity with the Authorisation Policy
Combines marketing and social media management skills to architect and enhance company social media presences, including interacting with customers, promoting brand-focused interactive and engaging content, and expanding opportunities for revenue.
- Creates marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules
- Ensures brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various services and department members, including advertising, product development, and brand management
- Writes content for the organisations intra net and websites
- Provides training and guidance to social media and marketing team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies
- Collects customer data and analyses interactions and visits, plus uses this information to create comprehensive reports and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns
- Reports progress to senior marketing management
- Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Researches and monitors activity of company competitors
- Creates and distributes engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media messages
Other Responsibilities and Duties as Required
Other responsibilities than those described above may be required to be undertaken from time to time and will be expected to be performed to as long as it is within the capability and level of the position.
Qualifications and Experience
|1. Degree in Communications or Marketing||Desirable||X|
|3. Graphic Design||Essential||X||X|
|4. Experience and knowledge of Major Social Media Platforms
Skills and abilities
|5. Experience with Social Media Management||Essential||X||X|
|6. Marketing Experience||Essential||X||X|
|7. Content Creation||
|8. Data Collection and Analysis||Essential||X||X|
|9. Web Design||Essential||X||X|
|10. Have Attention to Detail||
|12. Creative Problem-Solving Skills||X|
|14. Technology Skills||X||X|
|15. Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills||X||X|
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Pension, Eye Care Vouchers
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you have a passion for sales and project management then this could be a perfect opportunity for you. If you would like to join us then please apply TODAY by sending your updated CV with covering letter on more than two sides of A4 expressing your skills and experience and how you believe they will help our organisation to Recruitment@socialinterestgroup.org.uk
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide 2 employment references including one from your most recent employer.Closing date: 23/05/2019