Please send all completed applications to email@example.com
Universal Support LeadDepartment: Synergy, Luton
Work Location: Victoria House, Victoria Street, Luton
Hours per week: 37.5
Shift pattern: Mon-Friday
About The Service
Victoria House provides supported accommodation (including disabled access) for single males aged 18+. The service supports those with complex needs such as mental health, learning disabilities, physical disabilities, substance misuse and offending histories by offering a supportive base to gain the skills and confidence to secure and maintain appropriate future living in the community – in the future through independent supported accommodation with the aim to move on within two years.
Service Description for Synergy
An Integrated Support Service with emphasis on prevention, early intervention and integration for people who are at risk of losing their independence. The service provides tailored support to clients aged 18+ over a maximum of two years, to improve their opportunity to live successfully in the community. The ethos of the service is to enable, empower and encourage individuals to develop the skills and tools to manage their accommodation, tenancies and health & wellbeing, through co-production and a joined up approach.
Our work with service users takes place at locations to meet individual needs; within our Victoria House resource centre, at their homes, in other agencies’ premises or in public meeting places.
We pride ourselves on providing accessible and flexible services to residents of Luton through partnership working and community engagement.
About The Role
- Continuously demonstrate respect, dignity and support of all service users, colleagues and external partner.
- Undertake Triage and Assessment with potential new service users after they have been referred to Penrose Synergy.
- Provide immediate support and crisis intervention to Priority 1 referrals
- Create, develop and maintain support plans and risk management plans from the assessments completed.
- Practically support service users to achieve items they have identified in their support plans.
- Ensure all risk control measures are followed, and shared, as identified on the individuals risk assessment.
- Ensure an appropriate level of work is completed (Priority 1) and available to a Support Officer when handed over for continuation of work with service users.
- Comply with any required standards or procedures as detailed in the Organisation’s ISO9001 QMS.
- Achievement of personal KPI targets and objectives.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The post holder will be required to demonstrate strengths in all the indicators set out in the relevant competency requirements. More specifically, the post holder will:
- Ensuring all individuals assigned to case load have a comprehensive assessment fully completed to a suitably high standard.
- Create and implement support plans with Service Users with realistic and timed outcomes set by the individual.
- Liaise with referral agencies in regards to multi-disciplinary approaches, either pre-referral or once engaged with the service.
- To adhere to local procedures in regards to case management, including the transition from support worker to support assistant.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with local housing representatives including, but not limited to; Homeless Prevention Officers, Local Landlords, Housing Benefit Team, Allocations Department, Temporary Accommodation, Housing Associations, Hostels, Supported Housing Schemes, Rehab Facilities.
- To understand and adopt the local and central organisational targets and objectives.
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Eye-care Vouchers
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for you
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide employment references covering 5 years period including one from your most recent employer.
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.
If you feel that this role is for you, please complete an application form which can be found below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.Closing date: 14/09/18