Please send all completed applications to email@example.com
Co-production Co-ordinatorDepartment: Governance
Work Location: London, Brighton and Luton
Hours per week: 37.5 hours
Shift pattern: Mon-Friday
Who we are and what we do
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is new and innovative and was formed as a charity in 2014. Its sole aim is to be a vehicle to develop and strengthen the charities that are within it, so they in turn thrive and do social good.
We can offer charities that provide services for vulnerable people with the tools and support they need to run effectively and to help them to thrive and grow.
We have looked to the most successful charities and organisations in the sector to consider how they use technology, processes and people and built upon these practices to deliver a unique way of working together.
SIG wants the charitable sector to grow and thrive and believes that working together we can reduce duplication of effort and target resources towards the services themselves helping charities fulfil their articles of association and achieve their charitable aims.
Purpose of the role:
To set up and support the implementation and delivery of the group SUI strategy and increase service user involvement throughout the Group and ensure a good working relationship with the Group’s Operational and Central Services.
To help develop and implement the Group’s Expert by Experience/Expert Panels programme and service user involvement strategy
- To use monitoring tools for assessing effectiveness of the strategy
- To help role out the strategy through the operational management structure
- To help monitor the outcomes attained throughout the group regarding service user involvement
- To help support and guide the Group Expert Forum
- To help create central and local involvement activities and opportunities
- To promote empowerment of service users by seeking appropriate training required by service users to fulfil their roles
- Negotiate allocations of activities to be discussed by ExEs
- Establish effective day-to-day close working with and support to Mangers within the Group
- Develop and maintaining good working relationships with ExEs, providing pre-briefing and de-briefing to ExEs on activities they are asked to undertake
- Identify and monitor gaps in ExE capacity and notify the relevant Manager(s)
- Identify and highlight areas of good practice across the group
- Escalate any issues of concern and ‘exceptions’ to the line manager as necessary
- Quality monitor ExE inspection reports and ExE activities, providing feedback as necessary
- Attend and support/guide Group Experts Forum, Expert panels and ExE events when required with focus on promoting and developing self-regulated meetings
- Attend team meetings and Group wide general meetings
- Contribute to the development of the ExE programme of work
- Ensure a good working relationship with operational and central services
- Co-ordinate training of service users to enable them to fulfil their roles
- Any other duties as determined by the line manager
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Eye-care Vouchers
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for you
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide employment references covering 5 years period including one from your most recent employer.
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.
If you feel that this role is for you, please complete an application form which can be found here SIG Application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Closing date: 02/10/2018