Please send all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Management AccountantDepartment: Finance
Work Location: Social Interest Group - Head Office
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Hours per week: 37.5
Shift pattern: Monday - Friday
The role has the responsibility of assisting with the production of accurate and timely management accounts, preparation of financial statements and budgets, working closely with the Management Accountant and Finance Manager.
- To assist with the timely production of accurate monthly management accounts for review with budget holders;
- To carry out variance analysis prior to the issuing of management accounts,
- To prepare accruals and prepayment journals for expenditure incurred in the month
- To analyse and reconcile income in accordance with contracts or spot purchases
- To prepare journals for expenditure paid via direct debits
- Holding meetings as appropriate with budget holders to review current spend and develop action plans for achieving budget;
- Timely and appropriate commentary on the management accounts by each budget holder including their action plans for how variances are to be addressed;
- Liaise with HR to produce summary reports that identify staff costs compared to budget by department and/or project and explain the variances.
- Active review of management reporting formats and processes ensuring that management accounts remain relevant and key trends are highlighted effectively.
- Should be either in first year of ACCA/CIMA or AAT qualified;
- Experience of variance analysis and assisting with management accounts;
- PC literate with a high level of technical competence in Excel. Experience of Open Accounts accounting system would be advantageous;
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills;
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of commercial understanding;
- The ability to make a difference, who is able to re-think the way in which we do things and add value;
- A flexible approach to problem solving, with the ability to produce clear and accurate work, often under pressure;
- A strong and determined approach, able to work alone without direction and within a team environment;
- An awareness of issues affecting working with service users including: mental health illness, personality disorder, substance misuse, criminal justice, learning disability or young people including legislation, regulatory requirements and quality standards would be advantageous;
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills including report writing;
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Eye-care Vouchers
- Growing and forward-thinking organisationAll successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide employment references covering 5 years period including one from your most recent employer.
- Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.
- If you wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for you, please send a complete the attached application form SIG Application form and send to email@example.com