Research Bid ManagerDepartment: Development
Work Location: Islington
Hours per week: 37.5
Shift pattern: 9am-5pm / Monday - Friday
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is an innovative a charity formed in 2014. Incorporating Penrose Options and Equinox Care, our sole aim is to be a vehicle to develop and strengthen the charities that are within it, so they in turn thrive and do social good.
We are seeking an outstanding Research Bid Manager to join our Development Team based at our head office in Islington.
We have a new and exciting opportunity to join our Development Team during a time of growth where you will be providing the analysis and dissemination of business intelligence and data, to support SIG’s bids and strategic planning. You will also be writing and developing excellent, winning bids and proposals through persuasive and succinct bid writing.
Our charities operate in a range of community-based supported housing and residential settings supporting adults with a history of substance misuse, drug & alcohol dependence, offending, forensic and complex mental health issues, homelessness from stabilisation through to recovery, and to support the transition to independent living in the community.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Provide the analysis and research to support bids and business proposals across the SIG
- Writing, editing and quality assuring bids and proposals to win new business for the SIG and its member organisations
- Review and provide the evidence base to support strategic and tactical decision making within the SIG
- Collate and systemise stakeholder information and intelligence, supporting SIG colleagues in their stakeholder management
- Ensure the business and proposals are informed by national policy and guidance, local needs and political insight particularly in the area of housing, mental health, substance use, criminal justice, disability and social care.
- Support colleagues to develop presentations, where requested write briefings and lines to take for potential presentation questions.
- Support the project management of bids and proposals
- Ensure that all proposals and bids are cost-effective, financially modelled and viable.
- Support the SIG development team to build a bid library of methods, text and good practice examples.
- Design the systems and processes that will collect and provide the business and market intelligence that will inform SIG’s strategic planning.
- Produce regular monitoring reports for the senior and executive management team, presenting analysis and the implications for the business, as required.
- Support the Director of Development in co-ordinating the work of the team, ensuring staffing resources are allocated appropriately, workload proactively managed and decisions communicated clearly to colleagues.
- Line management of the Bid Coordinator
- Possess a good knowledge of research and evaluation design and the range of quantitative and qualitative methods used in social research (graduate level and above)
- Have an understanding of bid and proposal development, contract management and legal requirements
- Have experience of planning and developing compliant and successful proposals/bids.
- Possess sound judgement, good interpersonal and persuasive skills, and the confidence to operate with autonomy.
- Have experience of designing, executing and quality assuring analysis to inform strategic decision-making.
- Have experience of contributing to strategic and commercial decisions on which contracts to bid for.
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Eyecare Vouchers
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you have a passion for Bid Research Writing and wish to work with us and become an integral part of our growth plans then this could be a perfect opportunity for you
If you would like to join our Development team then please apply TODAY by sending us your updated CV alongside your answer to this question: “What in your view are some of the contributing factors leading to the increase in the teenage murder rate in London over the last 2 years?” (700 words) Please send your CV and response to Recruitment@socialinterestgroup.org.uk
All shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview on 10th or 11th May 2018 where you will have the chance to meet our Development Director and learn about the exciting new challenge ahead so please ensure you are available on one of these dates
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide 2 employment references including one from your most recent employer
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.Closing date: 2/5/18