Forensic Mental Health Service ManagerDepartment: FIPTS
Work Location: Brixton
Hours per week: 37.5
Shift pattern: Monday - Friday 9-5pm
Penrose Forensic Intensive Psychological Treatment Service (FIPTS) provides effective and meaningful assessment, treatment and management of people with personality disorders which cause them to present a high risk of sexual or violent offending behaviour directed toward others who have been or are involved with the criminal justice system. The service aims to reduce and manage the risk presented by clients in the least restrictive environment possible, reduce personality pathology and associated suffering and distress. It also aims to increase pro-social and adaptive behaviours in the areas of relationships, employment, education and community integration and promote independence and improved quality of life.
We are currently seeking an inspiring Service Manager to lead and manage our FIPTS service based in Brixton.
- To develop the service provisions, to ensure best practice and leading edge services are available to service users
- To work in close conjunction with the other agencies supporting the Service to improve the services and expand provision where possible
- Promote the Service through participation in inter-agency forums and attendance at other functions where appropriate and as directed by the Head of Services.
- Provide leadership and line management to staff
- Responsibility in conjunction with Deputy Managers for ensuring all staff have appropriate personal development plans, and are appropriately supported to achieve the plans targets / interventions.
- Ensure that staff maintain high standards of professional performance at all times through adherence to Penrose policies and procedural frameworks.
- To ensure that all statutory records are accurately maintained and available for inspection upon request from the appropriate authorities.
- Ensure that adequate staffs are on duty at all times, and that appropriate staff rotas have been prepared and that arrangements are in place for the use of locum workers if required.
- Ensure that all Service Users have an assigned MHRW and appropriate Recovery plans have been provided monitored and reviewed at regular intervals.
- Ensure that the Support / Recovery Planning meetings take place every three months or as required.
- Responsible for the planning and maintaining the Service’s budget and report on budget variances
- Responsible for providing on time reporting and submission of information to Central Office functions, such as training record updates, performance statistics for KPI monitoring, Quality & Performance quarterly and payroll returns.
- Hold an NVQ Level 4 in Health & Social Care or professional equivalent
- Have a proven track record of staff management within a mental health setting
- Direct experience of working in reintegration and rehabilitation services or similar services
- An excellent understanding of the needs of offenders who may also have a mental health or substance misuse problems
- A sound knowledge and practical application of key legislation – Equality and Diversity, Mental Health, Criminal Justice, Social Care and Housing and H&S
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Eye-care Vouchers
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you have a passion for Mental Health Service Management and wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for you
If you would like to join and manage our FIPTS team then please apply TODAY by sending us your updated CV to Recruitment@socialinterestgroup.org.uk
All shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview where you will have the chance to meet our Head of Service and learn about the exciting new challenge ahead so please ensure you are available in the coming weeks
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide 2 employment references including one from your most recent employer
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.Closing date: 4/6/18