Floating Support WorkersDepartment: Penrose Community Links
Work Location: Lewisham / Lambeth / Camden
Salary: £11.43 per hour
Hours per week: 8-37 Hours per week (flexible)
Shift pattern: Various
Penrose Community Links is an organisation which provides intensive floating support to people who have a diagnosis of mental ill health. This includes those who are experiencing psychosis, display behaviours that challenge, and/or those who have a forensic history.
Penrose Community Links is seeking to appoint Floating Support Workers across Camden, Lambeth and Lewisham. In this role you will be responsible for playing a vital part in providing home care to vulnerable adults with mental health issues or other complex needs. This will include personal care and domestic help, assisting service users to engage with the community and access community services. You will be encouraging independence and improving the skill sets of clients. You should be able to build professional relationships with service users, and develop unique approaches to achieve person centred care. Please note that this role will require you to travel within a designated area and to multiple locations
Main responsibilities of the role
- Provide home care to vulnerable adults with mental health issues or other complex needs, including personal care and domestic help.
- To assist service users to engage with the community and access community services.
- To encourage independence and improve the skill sets of service users.
- To build professional relationships with service users and develop unique approaches to achieve person centred care.
- Involve service users as much as possible in exercising choice, control and timing of their support.
- Assist service users to attend appointments, training courses and expand on any other interests they might have.
- To document the care delivered in a professional and sensitive manner
- To report and escalate concerns about service users in a safe and timely manner to the appropriate team.
- Contribute to the achievement of excellent outcomes as defined by CQC for all aspects of service delivery.
- Hold an NVQ / Diploma level 1 or above in Health & Social Care
- Have relevant experience of working with individuals who have; diagnosed or undiagnosed mental health conditions, learning disabilities, homeless or those at risk of homelessness, offending behaviour
- Experience of working with Vulnerable Adults who may have mental health issues / Physical Disabilities / challenging chaotic behaviours
- Experience of providing personal care tasks which ensure the dignity choice, privacy, independence, fulfilment and personal goals of the services user
- Have a working knowledge of Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and guidelines on consent (DOLS)
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive rates of pay
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you have a passion for providing outstanding Domiciliary Care and wish to work with a growing organisation with multiple opportunities then this could be a perfect opportunity for youIf you would like to join the Penrose Community Links team then please apply TODAY by emailing your CV to Recruitment@socialinterestgroup.org.uk
All shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview on Monday 4th June 2018 at our Head Office in Islington where you will meet our Service Manager and learn about the role in more detail so please ensure you are available on this date.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide 2 employment references including one from your most recent employer
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and proceduresClosing date: 22/5/18