Floating Support Worker x 3Department: Penrose Synergy Luton
Work Location: Luton
Hours per week: 37.5
Shift pattern: Monday - Friday (8-4pm / 9-5pm / 10-6pm)
Penrose Synergy service in Luton helps people across the whole social care needs spectrum, from homeless people, people with mental health needs, drug and/or alcohol issues to those at risk of offending. It provides floating support to vulnerable individuals to enable, empower and encourage them to develop the skills and tools to manage their accommodation, tenancies and health and wellbeing, using a collaborative approach.
We are currently seeking 3 Floating Support Workers to join our team in Luton who provide a community-based support service to vulnerable adults with a range of needs including diagnosed or undiagnosed mental health conditions, learning disabilities, homeless or those at risk of homelessness, offending behaviour
Main responsibilities of the role
- To provide emotional and practical information, advice and support to address: housing, welfare benefits, employment, training and education and mental or physical issues
- To ensure that Service users are encouraged to explore and maximise their skills and choices. They will also work to build self confidence, self esteem and self reliance.
- Support the team in delivering all aspects of support as appropriate to the individual needs of the Service User.
- Support Service Users to meet their support plan targets, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills or the confidence to meet them. Help to ensure Service Users are engaged and involved with the services provided.
- Through coaching and support, build the client’s confidence to carry out tasks for themselves, focussing on the skills that support the individual’s ability to live independently.
- Motivating and coaching service users to attend appointments/engage in activities
- Supporting service users to research the variety of resources available to them, specific to their own needs and specific interests
Applicants must have
- An appropriate professional qualification: NVQ / Diploma level 2 in Health & Social Care / Mental health or professional equivalent.
- Experience of working with individuals who have; diagnosed or undiagnosed mental health conditions, learning disabilities, homeless or those at risk of homelessness, offending behaviour
- Clear evidence and experience of successful reintegration of service users into the community
- A level of numeracy sufficient to carry out tasks such as budgeting with clients, calculating benefit entitlements and understanding rent arrears
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Eyecare Vouchers
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you have a passion for Community-based Support and wish to work with us and become an integral part of our growth plans then this could be a perfect opportunity for you
If you would like to join the team in Penrose Synergy Luton then please apply TODAY by filling out the attached Application Form and emailing to: Recruitment@socialinterestgroup.org.uk. Please note the hiring manager will NOT accept CVs for this post.
All shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview at our Luton office where you will have the chance to meet our Head of Service and learn about the role in more detail so please ensure you are available in the coming weeks.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide 2 employment references including one from your most recent employer
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.Closing date: 24/5/18