Drug and Alcohol Outreach WorkerDepartment: Equinox Care, Brighton Drug and Alcohol Outreach Worker
Work Location: Brighton, Community Base
Contract: Fixed term contract for 12 months
Hours per week: 37.5
Shift pattern: Monday - Friday, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
About the service:
The Drug and Alcohol Outreach Team operates as part of the Pavilions integrated Adult Drug & Alcohol Service for Brighton & Hove. The service provides assertive outreach and engagement, working with the street community to address substance use related issues.
The Drug and Alcohol Outreach Team aims to reduce street presence, sustain tenancies and reduce harm while helping people work towards recovery. This is done through intensive and assertive support, navigating people into drug and alcohol treatment, accommodation, meaningful activity and health services.
In addition, the Antisocial Behaviour Coordinator is an Equinox senior practitioner who oversees the High Impact Case Work Forum. This city wide forum is the primary instrument dealing with street community antisocial behaviour. The role involves working closely with the police, Community Safety and the voluntary sector, to tackle street level antisocial behaviour, using support and enforcement. The Antisocial Behaviour Coordinator is part of Equinox’s Pavilions provision.
About the role:
As part of the Pavilions treatment partnership, the post holder will coordinate the substance misuse care for homeless/complex needs clients. They will support alcohol dependant and substance dependant street homeless and insecurely housed service users including street drinkers, to secure tenancies, access treatment and maximise their independence.
- Homelessness, outreach, supported housing or treatment experience
- Experience of recovery focused service provision
- Experience of assertive outreach
- Key working, support planning, risk assessment experience and group work experience
- Case coordination in a multi-agency setting
- Experience of working successfully and creatively with multiple and complex needs
- Experience or creative partnership working
- Support planning and risk assessment knowledge
- Qualification Credit & Framework or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Outcome Star, Nebula and other monitoring systems
- Knowledge of current drug and alcohol provision and relevant services, pathways and conditions
We offer Specsavers Vouchers, Employee Assistance Programmes and Childcare vouchers.
If you feel that this role is for you, please complete an application form which can be found on the web site Penrose. Please note that we do not we do not accept CV’s for this role. The deadline for completed applications is Thursday, 15th February 2018.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS checkClosing date: 15/02/2018