Bid ManagerDepartment: Development
Work Location: Islington
Hours per week: 37.5
Shift pattern: 9am-5pm / Monday - Friday
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is an innovative a charity formed in 2014. Incorporating Penrose Options and Equinox Care, our sole aim is to be a vehicle to develop and strengthen the charities that are within it, so they in turn thrive and do social good.
We are seeking an outstanding Bid Manager to join our Development Team based at our head office in Islington.
We have a new and exciting opportunity to join our Development Team during a time of growth where you will be facilitating and managing bid development across the SIG, and support the implementation of services based upon newly awarded bids and proposals.
You will also assist with the day to day co-ordination and management of SIG priority bid responses; handling the bid lifecycle across all phases of a bid from opportunities, the development of proposals and submissions, customer presentation; to the early implementation of service delivery. Making sure this is managed in a timely, efficient, organised and commercially pertinent manner
Our charities operate in a range of community-based supported housing and residential settings supporting adults with a history of substance misuse, drug & alcohol dependence, offending, forensic and complex mental health issues, homelessness from stabilisation through to recovery, and to support the transition to independent living in the community.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Project manage bid opportunities from set-up to submission, ensuring timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids that meet all tender requirements. Identifying and resolving any risks to the successful development and completion of bids.
- Chair, proposal development meetings with colleagues, to design and agree the bid development plan and strategy.
- Engage and communicate effectively with colleagues from SIG central services and Operational leads – to ensure their knowledge and specialisms guide effective bids, political insight and local tactics.
- Write bids and quality assure colleagues written bid content to ensure it is well written/presented, coherent, addresses any risks to the SIG.
- Support and advise operational and central colleagues when bids have been won to ensure that the service implementation (or exit) aligns to the financial and service specifications provided in the bid or agreed within the service contract.
- Ensure service contracts for new services have been read and align to what was specified in our bids.
- Design the systems and processes that will collect and provide the business and market intelligence that will inform SIG’s strategic planning.
- Support decisions about what SIG should and shouldn’t bid for, by providing methodologically, commercially and strategically aware assessments of bids and proposals
- Support the Director of Development in co-ordinating the work of the team, ensuring staffing resources are allocated appropriately, workload proactively managed and decisions communicated clearly to colleagues.
- Attending and/or helping to organise meetings, SIG conferences and other events.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining contacts and good relations with clients, external stakeholders and SIG colleagues and services.
- Contributing to the development of quality standards and ensuring these are met consistently.
- Effectively representing the SIG at seminars, external working groups and stakeholder meetings.
- Attending departmental or SIG -wide meetings.
- Conducting other professional duties, as directed by the Director of Development.
- Ensure consistent and effective implementation of SIG’s Equality & Diversity policy and procedures.
- Possess a good knowledge of research and evaluation design and the range of quantitative and qualitative methods used in social research (graduate level and above)
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering bids and proposal within a complex business environment.
- Have an understanding of bid and proposal development, contract management and legal requirements
- Possess sound judgement, good interpersonal and persuasive skills, and the confidence to operate with autonomy.
- Have experience of designing, executing and quality assuring analysis to inform strategic decision-making.
- Have experience of contributing to strategic and commercial decisions on which contracts to bid for.
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Eyecare Vouchers
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you have a passion for Bid Writing and wish to work with us and become an integral part of our growth plans then this could be a perfect opportunity for you
If you would like to join our Development team then please apply TODAY by sending us your updated CV alongside your answer to this question: “What in your view are some of the contributing factors leading to the increase in teenage murder volumes in London over the last 2 years?” (max 700 words) Please send your CV and response to Recruitment@socialinterestgroup.org.uk
All shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview on 10th or 11th May 2018 where you will have the chance to meet our Development Director and learn about the exciting new challenge ahead so please ensure you are available on one of these dates
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide 2 employment references including one from your most recent employer
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.Closing date: 2/5/18